Discovering your true self.
Beginning in high school, I spent over a decade shackled by fear and insecurity. My grades, musical potential, athletic ability, relationships and future plans all suffered greatly. My anxiety was so debilitating that I didn’t want to live anymore.
My rescue came in the form of tragedy. I watched a friend fall two stories to his death on a construction site. The memory of seeing his parents pain will never leave my mind. It’s the same memory that gave me the strength to save two family friends from drowning.
For the first time in my life, I believed I had something significant to offer the world.
I’ve devoted my life to helping men discover who they were truly made to be.
I support leaders all over the country through one on one coaching and mastermind groups. I live in Buffalo, New York with my wife Lydia, my son Gunnar and my daughter Skylar.
Link to Mike’s site: https://mcgreevyleadership.com/
Money Learnings: Mike had great parents and a very rich childhood, but his parents had no money. The message they taught him was not to spend money. Mike is teaching his kids how to provide value to others.
Highlights from this episode:
- Discovering your authentic identity.
- Shifting from a mindset of expectations to gratitude.
- The Obstacle is the Way – see book link at bottom of page.
- In a blink of an eye life can change, but then it takes 10 years to make it better.
- The power of coaching and how it can change your life.
- The pain children can experience growing up and how it prevents them from success later in life.
- Does the fear of losing love hold us back from success?
- How do our defining moments in life change the way we live and think?
- How do we deal with a bad day?
- Mike’s Bonus offer for listeners, the files to help you find your life’s theme: Mike’s shared files