Creating a Successful Early Retirement Plan
Fritz is the founder of The Retirement Manifesto, the 4th fastest growing personal finance blog in the world. The site is dedicated to helping people achieve a great retirement. He’s planning on retiring in 2018 at the age of 55 with his wife in a cabin in the Southern Appalachian mountains. He’s had a diverse career during 30+ years in Corporate America, and currently works as a commodity trader negotiating international trade deals.
- The power of automatic investing and starting early.
- Spend less than you make and do it for a long time!
- Balancing frugality versus spending today.
- Be careful on the big obligations – housing and cars.
- Fritz is retiring to something – Retirement is a starting line not a finish line.
- The longevity risk of retirement balanced against retiring while you are healthy.
- Physical fitness as part of a retirement plan.
- The importance of the softer side of life (non financial) in retirement planning.
- How we choose to think and react determines our outcomes in life.
- The things we think are most important are probably irrelevant.
- The power of baby steps.
- Is it hard to let go of work?
- The story of starting saving at 50 and still able to retire at 65
- And much more!
Harvard Grant study – book (Amazon affiliate link)